Local Style Warabi Salad
Try this light and healthy local Japanese favorite. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- Warabi salad ingredients:
- 1 pound warabi
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
- 1 (4oz.) package codfish, shredded
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- Sauce ingredients:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Warabi salad instructions: Thoroughly rinse warabi and dry, then cut into 1-inch length. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil, then add salt and warabi. Turn down heat to medium and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat shredded codfish on medium heat for approximately 2 minutes. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine warabi, codfish, onions and tomatoes.
- Sauce instructions: Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and garlic salt. Pour over warabi salad and toss gently.
- Chill until ready to serve.
You can also use shredded cuttlefish in place of cod, and add in some kamaboko (fish cake). Enjoy!