Delicious Local Style Tofu Salad
A favorite salad to bring to family gatherings and make half the recipe to go along with any meal. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- Tofu Salad:
- 1 block firm tofu, drained and cut in cubes
- 1 package bean sprouts, cut in smaller lengths
- 1 large can salmon, drained
- 1 bunch watercress, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- ¼ cup salad oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Tofu Salad: On a platter or 9 x 13 pan, layer tofu on bottom, and layer remaining ingredients according to ingredient list. Lastly, top with green onions.
- Sauce: In a small saucepan add sauce ingredients bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool slightly then pour over salad. Toss lightly and serve.
You can also add sweet onions, mushrooms or experiment with your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!