Tasty Teriyaki Meatloaf
This tasty teriyaki meatloaf recipe adds a little sweet twist to your regular meatloaf dish. Serve with hot white rice and Okinawan potatoes or your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style
Recipe type: Main
- Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 inch ginger, grated ( to make about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Meatloaf mixture
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 2 pieces bread
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 to 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- Teriyaki glaze, optional
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ inch ginger, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Teriyaki sauce: In a bowl, add soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Mix until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Meatloaf mixture: In a large mixing bowl, break apart ground beef and add onions, mayonnaise and eggs. Add milk to a bowl and drench slices of bread. Break into pieces and add to mixture. Lightly mix ingredients and then pour teriyaki sauce over and mix together.
- Place in a 9 x13-inch baking pan/dish and form into a large loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Teriyaki glaze, optional: In a small saucepan, add soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Cook on medium high heat and bring almost to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry and add to mixture. Cook until sauce slightly thickens. Remove garlic and ginger, then drizzle over meatloaf.
For a little heat, add your favorite spice to the teriyaki glaze. Enjoy!