Local Style Sweet Sour Lemon
Those were the days where you would see jars of sweet sour lemon on roof tops. Now you can get them in most seed shops.
Sweet Sour Lemon
Cuisine: Chinese local style
- 15 lemons
- 1 gallon jar
- 3-4 cups of Hawaiian salt
- 3 cups sugar to 1 cup water
- Scrub lemons thoroughly
- Soak in hot tap water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put lemons in jar.
- Add Hawaiian salt and cover. Use foil over.
- Place in sun for at least 2 weeks.
- Drain out salt water.
- Cook sugar and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add salted lemons and cook for 4 minutes. Cool in pot.
- Pour lemons and syrup into jars.
- Set in sun for 2 more weeks.