Local Style Sweet Sour Lemon
Those were the days where you would see jars of sweet sour lemon on roof tops. Now you can get them in most seed shops.
- 15 lemons
- 1 gallon jar
- 3-4 cups of Hawaiian salt
- 3 cups sugar to 1 cup water
- Scrub lemons thoroughly
- Soak in hot tap water for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put lemons in jar.
- Add Hawaiian salt and cover. Use foil over.
- Place in sun for at least 2 weeks.
- Drain out salt water.
- Cook sugar and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add salted lemons and cook for 4 minutes. Cool in pot.
- Pour lemons and syrup into jars.
- Set in sun for 2 more weeks.