Delicious Sweet Potato Haupia Pie
Try this Okinawan sweet potato haupia pie recipe. We know Haupia makes everything taste better.
Make a big tray or a nice pie size. Enjoy!
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- Okinawan sweet potato filling:
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Okinawan sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Haupia topping:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1/ ½ cups water
- 2 packages (12 oz.) each frozen coconut milk, thawed
- Crust: Preheat oven 350 degrees. Butter 9×13 pan. Whisk together powdered sugar and flour. Add butter and gently mix until ingredients form a dough like consistency. Don’t over-mix. Place on buttered pan and gently press to cover bottom of pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Okinawan sweet potato filling: With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Gradually add cooked and mashed potatoes; slowly beat. Next, add in milk, vanilla and salt then beat until smooth. Spread into cooked crust and bake at 350 degrees for another 30 to 35 minutes.
- Haupia: In a small bowl, add sugar and cornstarch. Then add water and mix well. In a medium sauce pan, add coconut milk and cook on low heat. Add in corn starch mixture and stir continuously until thickened. Cool slightly then pour into pie filling. Refrigerate for several hours.
Here is good regular pie size sweet potato haupia recipe.