Easy Strawberry Jello Mochi Recipe
An easy mochi recipe using your favorite Jell-O flavor. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jello Mochi
- 1 cup mochiko sweet flour
- 1 (3 oz.) box strawberry jell-o
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Potato or corn starch
- In a microwaveable bowl, add flour, jello and sugar. Whisk together until combined.
- Add cup of hot water and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute. Uncover and mix, repeat until mixture is solid. Depending on your microwave, you may have to repeat 3 to 5 times, or 3 to 5 minutes.
- On a baking sheet, line with parchment paper and dust with starch. Place cooked mochi and add more starch. Press mochi until you have a rectangle, then slice into squares. Slice enough so you can pull a section to roll into balls.
- Mochi will be hot so dust your hands with starch and handle carefully.
- You should be able to make 14 to 16 pieces.