Strawberry Jello Mac Nut Crust Pie
Luscious and refreshing dessert with a macadamia nut crust and delicious cream cheese filling. Top it with more whipped cream and sprinkle salted chopped mac nuts on top. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jello Mac Nut Pie
Cuisine: Local Style Dessert
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup salted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Jello Filling
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jello
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ ( 8 ounce) container whipped cream
- 1 (21 ounce) strawberry pie filling
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream and chopped macadamia nuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar. Add flour and nuts. Mix together and press into 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until brown. Cool completely.
- Mix Jello with hot water at let cool.
- Cream cream cheese and sugar. Slowly fold in cooled Jello and whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate until firm.
- Spread strawberry pie filling over crust and top with fresh strawberries.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle chopped nuts before serving.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The strawberry cream cheese filling is so delicious. You can also just top it with fresh lightly sweetened strawberries or make your own homemade pie filling.