Spicy Pork & Eggplant with Hawaiian Chili Peppers
Delicious spicy pork and eggplant with Hawaiian chili peppers. You can add more peppers if desired. Enjoy!
Spicy Pork Eggplant
Cuisine: Local Style
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Japanese eggplant (long), sliced
- ¾ pound pork loin, sliced
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon Aloha shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2-3 Hawaiian red peppers, seeded and minced
- Heat 1 tablespoon or more of oil in a skillet on medium-high heat and cook the eggplant until soft (3-5 minutes). Remove eggplant from oil and set aside.
- Add remaining oil into skillet; fry pork until brown then stir in eggplant.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and pour over pork and eggplant until heated through.
You can also use the regular eggplant and cut into 21/2-inch by ½-inch strips.