Delicious Spicy Fried Eggplant
Try this simple spicy fried eggplant with a delicious garlic chili sauce. Enjoy!
Spicy Fried Eggplant
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Garnish with green onions
- Cut eggplant in half and then cut lengthwise, into strips.
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar and garlic chili sauce
- In a skillet, heat oil and add minced garlic and eggplant. Then add chili sauce mixture. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry; set aside.
- Remove eggplant with slotted spoon and place in a platter.
- Turn heat to medium to bring sauce to a slight boil. Add in cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Spoon sauce over eggplant and top with chopped green onions.
To make it a meal, add in some cooked hamburger, chicken or pork and adjust garlic chili sauce to taste. Enjoy!