Delicious Spaghetti Noodle Salad Recipe
Try this local style spaghetti noodle salad. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Noodle Salad
Cuisine: Local Style
- 2 large potatoes
- Olive oil
- ½ pound uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 small Japanese cucumber
- 1 small carrot, finely grated
- 3 stalks celery, finely grated
- ½ round onion, finely grated
- 1 cup peas
- 1 can crab meat or tuna
- Best Food mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- In a medium saucepan, boil potatoes until cooked; peel and slice into ¾ inch pieces. While hot sprinkle with salt and olive oil. Set aside to cool.
- Boil spaghetti noodles until cooked. Drain and cool. Then slice into 1½ inch pieces.
- Peel cucumber and slice lengthwise in half and remove any seeds. Cut into thin slices. Season with salt and set aside for 15 minutes. Remove excess water.
- Combine potato, spaghetti noodles, cucumber, finely grated carrots, celery and onions (drain excess liquid).
- Add tuna or crab-meat, drain liquid from can first. Mix in mayonnaise according to your preference and season with salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Add sliced eggs.
- Refrigerate for a few hours for best results.