Cold Somen Salad with Homemade Sauce
Delicious local style cold somen salad recipe. Enjoy!
Cold Somen Salad
Cuisine: Japanase Local Style Recipe
- Salad ingredients:
- 1 package somen noodles
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 kamaboko, slivered
- 2 eggs, scrambled and slivered
- Spam, char siu, or ham, slivered
- Optional green onions, chopped
- Sauce ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup salad oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salad instructions:
- Boil somen noodles per package directions; rinse and drain well. Cool.
- Place somen in serving dish; garnish with lettuce, kamaboko, eggs, ham and green onions.
- Sauce instructions:
- Combine sauce ingredients in jar; cover and shake well. Pour over salad just before serving.