Easy Somen Ocean Salad Recipe
Simple and refreshing somen ocean salad. Enjoy!
Somen Ocean Salad
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style
- Somen noodles:
- 6½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 8-ounce package somen noodles or 3 bundles
- Somen noodle sauce:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup salad oil
- ½ small carrot, slivered
- ¼ container ocean salad
- ½ block kamaboku, cut in thin strips
- Somen noodles: Bring 6½ cups water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt, then add somen noodles; cook for 3 minutes. Drain noodles and rinse in cold water. Drain well and set aside.
- Somen noodle sauce: Mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and salt until sugar is dissolved. Then add oil and mix well. Pour over noodles and toss together.
- Toppings: Sprinkle carrots, ocean salad and kamaboku strips.
Adjust sauce for somen noodles according to taste. Enjoy!