Easy Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Here’s one of our favorite way to make local style beef stew. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Cuisine: Local Style
- 2 pounds stew meat, cut into chunk size pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for browning
- 2 to 3 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 large carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut
- 1 package beef stew mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- Use a gallon size plastic storage bag, mix flour, salt and pepper, then add meat. Shake until meat is lightly covered. Brown meat in skillet with hot oil.
- Add vegetables, beef stew mix, water and tomato soup to slow cooker and mix together. Add meat and any juices from skillet.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 to 8 hours or until meat is tender and vegetables cooked. You can also cook on high for an hour, then turn down to low.
We also love to use top sirloin when on sale. You can also use tomato sauce and/or tomato paste in place of tomato soup. However, we find the tomato soup gives the stew a lighter creamier taste. Enjoy!