Local Style Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce
Simple and delicious local style Chinese shrimp with black bean sauce. Enjoy!
Shrimp with Black Bean Sauce
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon black beans, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons shoyu
- Garnish with Chinese parsley
- Peel and de-vein shrimp.
- In a skillet, heat peanut oil and saute garlic and mashed black beans for 1 minute.
- Next, add shrimp and season with salt. Cook until shrimp turns pink.
- Dissolve cornstarch with a 2 tablespoons of chicken broth. Add remaining chicken broth, cornstarch mixture, sugar, oyster sauce and shoyu.
- Stir and simmer sauce.
- Garnish with Chinese parsley.
Here’s another simple black bean sauce shrimp recipe. Enjoy!
BLACK BEAN SAUCE SHRIMP