Shoyu Pork Roast
A local favorite shoyu pork recipe that melts in your mouth. Enjoy!
Shoyu Pork Loin Roast
- Prepare Roast
- 3-4 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1½ cups shoyu (soy sauce)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- ½ inch ginger, sliced and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Garnish with green onions
- Pork roast may be sliced in half to speed up cooking time.
- Brown garlic cloves in oil. Remove garlic.
- Brown pork roast on all sides.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over pork roast.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour. While simmering, turn roast over every 15
- Remove pork roast, let cool. Slice pork and lay slices in a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Thicken sauce with flour and water paste and pour thickened sauce over slices.
- Cover with foil and seal tightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1/1/2 hours or until tender.
- Garnish with green onions.