Easy Pumpkin Mochi
If you like regular mochi, you’ll enjoy this easy pumpkin mochi recipe.
It has just the right pumpkin flavor and the mochi texture we all love. Enjoy!
- Pumpkin mixture:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can (29 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mochiko mixture:
- 1 box plus ¼ cup mochiko flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin ingredients. In a separate bowl add mochiko ingredients and mix together. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix together.
- Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for several hours before slicing.
You can also use a plastic knife to cut mochi, however we used a regular butter knife which worked as well.