Scrumptious Pumpkin Haupia Squares
Perfect for your Halloween goblins. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Haupia Squares
- 1 (29 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 blocks butter or margarine
- 1 (4 oz.) box haupia pudding mix (NOH)
- 1 container cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a 9x13 baking pan and line with wax paper, up to sides.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and salt. Pour carefully into baking pan.
- Then evenly sprinkle cake mix and nuts over pumpkin mixture.
- Melt butter and cool. Spoon cooled melted butter on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes (will set as it cools).
- Cool and invert. Refrigerate.
- Prepare haupia as directed on box instructions. Place pudding mix into a 9x13 pan and let cool and refrigerate until firm.
- Then carefully add sections of haupia pudding on top of pumpkin. Refrigerate.
- Top with cool whip before serving.