King Arthur Portuguese Sweet Bread Rolls
Here’s a fairly easy recipe by King Arthur for Portuguese sweet bread rolls. Enjoy!
Portuguese Sweet Bread Rolls
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- ½ cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup potato flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir the dough until the dough starts to leave the sides of the bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly greased surface, with hands slightly oiled knead the dough for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until smooth, shiny and soft.
- Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover. Allow the dough to rise until puffy but not doubled in size, roughly about 1½ to 2 hours.
- Place dough on a lightly greased surface and spread dough outward, enough to cut 16 pieces. Then take each piece and form into a ball. Then place dough balls into a 9 x 13-inch lightly greased baking pan. Cover again for about an hour; they should be double in size.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Tent rolls with aluminum foil after about 20 minutes. When done place on wire rack to cool.