Tasty Pork Tofu with Watercress
Try this tasty Japanese local style pork tofu with watercress recipe. Enjoy!
Pork Tofu with Watercress
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- 1 pound lean pork, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 thumb size piece ginger, crushed
- 1 block firm tofu, cubed
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped in 1-inch length
- 1 bunch watercress, chopped in 2-inch length
- In a large pot heat oil and brown sliced pork.
- Add soy sauce, water, sugar, onions, carrots and ginger. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add in tofu, green onions and watercress, simmer gently until watercress is wilted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.