Delicious Pineapple Spare Ribs
Try this sweet and sour pineapple spare ribs recipe. Enjoy!
Pineapple Spare Ribs
Cuisine: Local Style
- 2 pounds spare ribs
- 1½ teaspoon hawaiian salt
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2½ tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed in cup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 piece ginger (1½ inch), crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup juice from pineapple
- Combine salt, soy sauce and cornstarch and mix to coat spare ribs. Let marinade for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in pot and brown spare ribs. Remove any excess oil. Add sauce ingredients except for pineapple chunks.
- Simmer for 1½ to 2 hours or until spare ribs are tender.
- Add pineapple chunks and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Refrigerate pot of spareribs overnight to enhance flavor and remove excess oil. You can finish cooking the next day then add pineapple.