Easy Pineapple Shrimp
Use whatever size shrimp you like, the sauce is light and not too sweet, simply delicious. Enjoy!
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style Recipe
- 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned, deveined, peeled
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup water
- 1 can pineapple tidbits or chunks, reserve juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ package pineapple shrimp sauce mix, optional
- Combine batter ingredients and mix well.
- Dip shrimps in batter and deep fry until golden brown. Let drain on paper towel.
- Add cooked shrimps to a serving platter.
- Drain juice from can of pineapple to make ½ cup. Set aside pineapple.
- In a medium saucepan, add pineapple juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water and shrimp sauce mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for about a minute.
- Sprinkle pineapple over shrimps and then pour sauce over.