Sweet & Tangy Pineapple Haupia Dessert
A nice sweet, tangy pineapple haupia dessert with a hint of coconut flavor. Enjoy!
Pineapple Haupia Dessert
- 1 can (8¼ ounces) crushed pineapple
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- 1 can (13.5 ounce) Hawaiian Sun coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Place crushed pineapple in a wire mesh strainer and press with a fork to remove juice; set aside.
- Mix together cornstarch, sugar and salt and stir in water; set aside.
- Pour coconut milk in a saucepan. On medium heat bring coconut milk almost to a boil and slowly add in cornstarch mixture. Stir continuously with a fork or small whisk until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and keep stirring until mixture becomes like a pudding texture. Then stir in pineapple.
- Pour into a 8 x 8-inch or smaller baking pan. Refrigerate uncovered if still warm until haupia is chilled and is firm. Slice and serve.
- Optional: Garnish pineapple pieces.