Oyster Sauce Chicken with Chow Mein
A simple and quick delicious dinner served with fresh broccoli. Enjoy!
Oyster Sauce Chicken
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 packages chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- Mix together chicken and soy sauce, then lightly flour.
- In a 9 x 13 baking pan, add chow mein noodles and heat in oven at 250 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add garlic. Cook until brown then remove. Fry chicken in batches, then remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix oyster sauce and sugar; set aside. In another bowl, add water and cornstarch; set aside.
- In the same skillet stir fry broccoli until it turns bright green, then add back chicken.
- Pour oyster sauce mixture and broth over chicken and broccoli; mix together. Then thicken with cornstarch mixture.
- Serve over noodles or with hot rice.