Crispy Nori Chicken
A favorite from local lunch shops and great for potlucks. Enjoy!
Nori Chicken - Teriyaki Marinade
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- Teriyaki marinade
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup shoyu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, crushed
- ¼ cup green onion
- Nori chicken
- 4-5 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 package nori, cut into in half and then into strips
- 1½ to 2 cups cornstarch
- Mix together teriyaki marinade and add chicken strips. Let soak a couple of hours or overnight.
- Roll marinated chicken strips in cornstarch and wrap with cut nori. Fry until golden brown and cooked through.
Make an extra batch of teriyaki sauce for dipping. "Ono"