Moist Mushroom Meatloaf Recipe
There are a few more ingredients than normal, but it’s so worth it. Super moist with tasty mushrooms. Enjoy!
Moist Meatloaf Recipe
Cuisine: Local Style
- Meatloaf mixture
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ pound ground pork
- 1 small round onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 small bell pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 container fresh mushrooms, sliced and divided
- 2 slices bread
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Soup Mixture
- 1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup, divided in half
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix, divided in half
- ½ container mushrooms, sliced
- Meatloaf mixture: Mix together ground meats and add onions, grated carrots, bell pepper and ½ container sliced mushrooms.
Drench 2 slices of bread in milk and break apart then add to meat mixture. Add mayonnaise, eggs and seasonings; mix together. Set aside.
- Soup Mixture: Spread ½ mushroom soup onto bottom of 9 X 13-inch baking dish and sprinkle ½ lipton soup mix. Place meatloaf mixture on top and form into loaf. It should be about 2½ to 3 inches high. It doesn't spread to the sides of pan. Top with remaining half of sliced mushrooms. Mix together remaining cream of mushroom soup with Lipton soup mix and pour over sliced mushrooms.
- Cover with foil and bake 1½ hours at 350 degrees.