Mochi Crunch Shrimp with Dip
We had to try this recipe from Reel Recipes using Arare as a coating. When making this be sure to use a food processor or blender to grind the arare to a powder. The shrimp was nice and crunchy and the dip was so delicious with the shrimp. Check out their video below. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds shrimp (31/40) size, keep tails on only
- 1 cup flour
- 2-3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Chili pepper water
- 2 eggs
- Mochi Crunch
- ½ cup arare
- ½ cup panko
- Salt and pepper
- hondashi, furikake, optional
- 1 cup Best foods mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- Clean and devein shrimp. Remove shells but keep tails on.
- Combine batter ingredients and mix together. Add water until you get a thick batter consistency.
- In a food processor add arare and blend until flour like consistency. Then mix panko with arare and place on a plate.
- Mix together mayonnaise and chili sauce; set aside.
- Dip shrimp into batter first then into arare panko mixture.
- Deep fry for 3 minutes.
Check out video below from Reel recipes.