Local Style Shoyu Menpachi
Here’s a simple shoyu Menpachi, (squirrel fish) recipe with somen noodles.
Add your favorite ingredients to sauce like mirin, sake or just fry it with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Menpachi Shoyu Sugar Recipe
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- 2 menpachi, scaled and cleaned
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package somen noodles, prepare according to instructions
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a large frying pan, add soy sauce, water and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Place cleaned fish in sauce and turn down heat to medium. Spoon sauce over fish while cooking, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a serving platter, place prepared somen noodles and carefully place fish on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over fish and garnish with green onions.
Taste sauce and add more ingredients to your liking. Enjoy!