Local Style Shoyu Menpachi
Here’s a simple shoyu Menpachi, (squirrel fish) recipe with somen noodles.
Add your favorite ingredients to sauce like mirin, sake or just fry it with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- 2 menpachi, scaled and cleaned
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package somen noodles, prepare according to instructions
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- In a large frying pan, add soy sauce, water and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Place cleaned fish in sauce and turn down heat to medium. Spoon sauce over fish while cooking, approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a serving platter, place prepared somen noodles and carefully place fish on top.
- Pour remaining sauce over fish and garnish with green onions.