Korean Style Meat Jun with Dipping Sauce
A simple Meat Jun recipe and a tasty local favorite. Serve it with rice and macaroni salad. Enjoy!
Meat Jun Recipe
Cuisine: Korean Style
- Marinade the following:
- 1 pound sirloin, thinly cut
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup shoyu
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (if you love garlic add more here)
- ½ cup water
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons green onions, 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Ingredients for frying meat:
- 8 eggs, beaten
- Canola oil
- Dipping sauce:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- chili pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Combine meat, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and water and let marinade for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preparing marinaded meat before frying
Completely dredge each slice of meat with flour, Dust excess flour off and dip in egg mixture. Place in frying pan and cook for a few minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dipping sauce instructions
Mix together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili flakes, salt and pepper to taste.