Yummy Mango Pie
A simple and tasty mango filling with an easy delicious flaky crust.
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style Recipe
- Crust: See perfect pie crust recipe, or use 9 inch frozen pie crust
- Pudding filling:
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ cups milk
- Mango filling:
- 1 envelope gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2½ cups fresh mango, diced
- 1 container (8 oz.) cool whip
- Crust: Bake according to instructions
- Pudding: Mix with milk and pour into cooled pie crust.
- Mango filling: In a medium size bowl, mix gelatin to cold water, then add hot water, sugar, salt, lemon juice and yellow coloring. Cool and then add mango. Chill in refrigerator until slightly firm.
- Pie: Spread mango filling over pudding and chill until completely set.
- Topping: Spread cool whip over pie before serving.
If using frozen mango, thaw completely and drain excess liquid.