Easy Mandarin Orange Cake
Simple and delicious, Mandarin orange cake recipe. Enjoy!
Mandarin Orange Cake
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts, optional
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin orange, drained (keep ⅓ cup juice)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) crushed pineapple, keep juice
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 container (8 oz.) cool whip, thawed
- Preheat oven 350 degrees or (325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan).
- Lightly grease bottom 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the following: cake mix, oil, nuts, mandarin oranges, juice and eggs on low for 30 seconds. Scrap bowl and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into lightly greased pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of cake.
- Stir together pineapple with juices and pudding mix. Gently fold in whipped topping and spread on cake.
- Keep tightly covered and refrigerated.