Delicious Macadamia Bars
Macadamia Bars have a touch of coconut and a macadamia nut crunch. Enjoy!
Macadamia "Dreamy" Bars Recipe
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style
- 1 block butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cream together, mix well.
- Pat into bottom of ungreased 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, add brown sugar and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then add to egg mixture.
- Fold in coconut and macadamia nuts, spread on baked crumbly mixture right after it is taken out from the oven.
- Return to oven and bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar.