Local Style Lotus Root Recipe
A simple lotus root recipe. Enjoy!
Lotus Root Recipe
Cuisine: Japanese Local Style Recipe
- 1 section lotus root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sake, or sherry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 slices of ginger
- In a small sauce pan, add vinegar, sake, sugar and ginger slices; bring to a boil.
- Then add lotus root carrots and cook about 4 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.