Local Favorite Lomi Salmon
Very simple to make, lomi salmon is an island favorite, especially at luau’s. Enjoy!
Lomi Lomi Salmon
Don't forget to "Lomi" (means to massage), your ingredients. :)
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style
- 1 pound salted red salmon
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, remove seeds and dice
- 1 small Maui onion, diced
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tray ice cubes
- Soak salmon in cold water for serveral hours (3-6)
- Change the water several times. On the last water change, add a tray of ice cubes.
- Drain salmon and remove any bones and skin.
- Dice into small cubes.
- Gently mix (with your fingers) salmon, diced tomatoes, and sweet onion
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- Before serving add ice cubes and green onions.
- Gently mix together and serve.
- Best served chilled.