TJ’s Layered Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Here’s a delicious cheesy multi layered chicken casserole from TJ’s catering on Maui. Enjoy!
Layered Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Cuisine: Local Style
- 7-9 pieces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 box stove top chicken stuffing
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) tray white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- In a large pot, add water and chicken; bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 minutes. Let cool and shred in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Then sprinkle half of the shredded cheddar cheese over chicken.
- Prepare box of stove top chicken mix according to package instructions, spread stuffing over cheese.
- Thaw spinach and remove excess liquid. Mix together mayonnaise, cream of mushroom soup and spinach. Spread mixture over cheese.
- Layer sliced mushrooms over spinach mixture, then sprinkle remaining cheese over mushrooms.
- Pour ¾ cup of chicken broth over entire casserole to slightly moisten ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.
The original recipe uses two boxes of frozen spinach. I used one 10-ounce package and it was just right for my family. If you love spinach two would be perfect. Enjoy!