Moist Korean Fried Chicken
Try this moist and delicious beer brine Korean fried chicken recipe. Enjoy!
Korean Fried Chicken - Beer Brine
Cuisine: Korean Style Recipe
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
- 1 (25 ounce) beer
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- ½ cup shoyu
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 1 dash chili pepper water, sriracha or red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- Brine: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, salt and beer. Gently mix chicken into brine. Cover and refrigerate for overnight. Drain and discard brine.
- Sauce: Whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Frying: Coat chicken in cornstarch flour mixture. In a heated skillet or deep fryer, carefully fry chicken wings until done, then while hot dip into sauce and place on serving platter. Enjoy.