Delicious Kalua Pig or Kalua Pork Recipes
Kalua pig or Kalua pork is traditionally cooked underground (imu) with special preparations that make this Hawaiian dish exceptional. Here’s a great video to show you the hard work that goes into preparing this meal. However, for most of us we use simple recipes below to prepare this for our families.
- 5 pounds pork shoulder
- 2-3 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons salt (preferably Hawaiian)
- 2-3 ti leaves
- 1 cup water
Slow Cooker Kalua Pig (Roast Pig) – Luau dish #1
- Take salt, liquid smoke and rub front, side, and back of pork shoulder. Wrap pork in ti leaves.
- Add water to the bottom of cooker and place wrapped pork inside.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on medium to high heat.