Delicious Kalua Pig Pork Recipes
Kalua pig or Kalua pork is traditionally cooked underground (imu) with special preparations that make this Hawaiian dish exceptional.
However, for most of us we use simple recipes below to prepare this for our families.
- 5 pounds pork shoulder
- 2-3 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons salt (preferably Hawaiian)
- 2-3 ti leaves
- 1 cup water
- Take salt, liquid smoke and rub front, side, and back of pork shoulder. Wrap pork in ti leaves.
- Add water to the bottom of cooker and place wrapped pork inside.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on medium to high heat.