Kalua Pig and Cabbage Oven Roasted
Serve Kalua pig cabbage over hot rice or with some delicious poi. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons Hawaiian salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small piece ginger, crushed
- 12 large ti leaves
- 5 lbs. pork roast
- Liquid smoke
- Cabbage, cut into bite size pieces. Amount of cabbage added to Kalua pig based on how much you want to use.
- Combine salt, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Wash ti leaves: remove fibrous part of the veins.
- Use a 9x13 inch pan, line with ti leaves, be sure to extend leaves about 10 inches
out of pan
- Place roast in center of leaves; rub with soy sauce mixture and add a few drops of
- Fold leaves over top of roast and secure with string.
- Place a piece of foil over top of pan and crimp to the edges of pan.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 5 hours.
- Serve pork shredded or add cabbage
- On medium high heat, add some of the Kalua pig and cabbage in a pot. Pour some of the drippings and mix together. Simmer until cabbage is cooked but not to soft. Serve over hot rice. Enjoy!