Slow Cooker Kalua Pork with Cabbage
Simple and delicious recipe for kalua cabbage. Serve with poi or hot white rice. Enjoy!
- 1½ tablespoons Alaea Hawaiian sea salt, or kosher salt
- 1 4 to 5 pound pork butt or pork shoulder, boneless or bone-in
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2½ tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1½ teaspoon natural liquid smoke
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut in chunks
- Rub salt all over pork and place fat side up in slow cooker.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and pour over pork.
- Cook on high for an hour and turn down to low for about 7 to 8 hours.
- Add chunk pieces of cabbage and place on top of pork and cook during the last hour. During cooking press cabbage in some of the juices. When cabbage is soft use a slotted spoon to remove cabbage.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with fork in a large baking pan. Add cabbage and mix together.
- Add more liquid from slow cooker as desired.