Imitation Crab Sushi Rice with Nori
Wrap a scoop of imitation crab sushi rice in nori, or make mini sushi rolls. You can also eat it as a side dish with just about anything. Great for potlucks and simple to make. Enjoy!
Broiled Imitation Crab Sushi Rice
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) sour cream
- 1 pound imitation crab, shredded
- ½ cup round onion, minced
- 1 package Yaki nori sheets
- Spread cooked rice onto bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Soak shiitake mushrooms in warm water until soft. Squeeze liquid and slice.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, shredded crab, minced onions and sliced shiitake mushrooms.
- Spread crab mixture over rice.
- Broil for about 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cut nori sheets to desired size and add crab mixture to make mini size sushi.