Tasty Slow Cooker Huli Huli Chicken
Here’s a delicious huli huli chicken slow cooker recipe. Not quite the same as getting your chicken from fundraisers and grilled outdoors. However, the chicken is super moist and with a very tasty sauce. Enjoy!
- 2½ to 3 pounds chicken pieces, (leg quarters, thighs or drumsticks)
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅔ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Red pepper flakes or sriracha, to taste, optional
- Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces. Place in slow cooker.
- On medium heat, add sauce ingredients to saucepan. Heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour about half the sauce over chicken and save remaining sauce, be sure to include ginger and garlic pieces. Turn slow cooker to low and let cook for about 4 hours. The sauce won't cover all the chicken, but turn it once or twice throughout to coat both sides.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line baking pan with foil and place cooked chicken pieces skin side up. Discard remaining liquid from slow cooker.
- Spoon or brush chicken with reserved sauce and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Keep basting chicken every 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with poi or hot rice. Enjoy!