Tasty Hoisin Chicken Grilled or Broiled
A simple tasty Chinese local style hoisin chicken that you can grill or broil. Enjoy!
Hoisin Chicken Grilled or Broiled
- Hoisin Marinade:
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sambal, chili paste
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ½ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large chicken legs with thighs, or 6 to 8 chicken thighs
- Salt to taste
- Hoisin Marinade: Combine hoisin sauce, sambal, green onions, wine, garlic, ginger and pepper; mix well. Add chicken legs to marinade and coat well. Place in refrigerator and let marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill or Broil: Prepare grill or preheat oven broiler. Spray outdoor grill with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place on grill and turn the chicken once until brown. Depending on size of chicken, cook 12 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through.