Homemade Hawaiian Sweet Bread
Try this easy and delicious recipe by Noreen’s Kitchen. Check out recipe and video tutorial below. Enjoy!
~Lori Young I made these today and they were a hit!!! Soft, fluffy, slightly sweet. YUM!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
- 7 to 8 cups all purpose flour (King Arthur Flour)
- ¾ cup instant mashed potato flakes
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 packets or 5 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, add milk and butter and heat until melted.
- In a large mixer bowl, add only 3 cups of flour, sugar, yeast, salt, potato flakes, milk mixture, water, pineapple juice and vanilla. Blend with a dough hook until incorporated.
- Next, add one egg at time and blend until all eggs are incorporated.
- Slowly add some of the remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Oil a medium size bowl and add dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a area that is warm. Should double in size.
- When dough is done, press out air and cut 2 ounce pieces and then roll out until smooth. Then form into balls.
- Place dough balls into two oiled pans. Cover with plastic wrap and let set until it doubles in size again.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.