Mini Haupia Pumpkin Cheesecakes
When one pie isn’t enough, try these delicious haupia pumpkin mini cheesecakes.
You may want to make two trays. Enjoy!
Haupia Pumpkin Mini Cheesecakes
Recipe Resource: adapted from Reddi-wip
Cuisine: Hawaiian Local Style Recipe
- 12 muffin liners
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pumpkin cream cheese filling:
- 1 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves, optional
- Pinch of ground nutmeg, optional
- 1 egg
- Haupia filling:
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen coconut milk, thawed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut
- Whip cream, optional
- Preheat oven 325 degrees, or 300 degrees if using dark nonstick baking pan.
- Place 12 paper liners in muffin pan.
- Crust: Mix macadamia nuts, sugar and butter until well blended. Firmly press about 1 tablespoon of mixture onto bottom of muffin lined cups. Bake for about 8 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Pumpkin cream cheese filling: In a mixing bowl, add filling ingredients, except egg, and beat with an electric mixer on medium until well blended. Then add egg and beat on low until blended. Spoon over crust until about ½ filled. Bake approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool and set aside.
- Haupia filling: Whisk together coconut milk and sugar. Pour mixture into sauce pan and bring almost to a boil; stirring continuously. Turn heat to low and whisk in cornstarch mixture; stirring until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Spoon haupia mixture over pumpkin until full. Refrigerate for several hours to set pumpkin and haupia filling.
- Top with toasted shredded coconut. Add a little whip cream just before serving, if desired.
You'll have a little extra Haupia after filling up muffin tray. Enjoy!