Delicious Haupia Cream Cheese Bars
A light graham cracker crumb crust for this delicious Haupia cream cheese bars. Enjoy!
Haupia Cream Cheese Bars
Cuisine: Hawaiian & Local Style Recipes
- Graham crust ingredients:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Cream cheese filling ingredients:
- 1 (8oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (8oz.) sour cream
- 1 (8oz.) cool whip
- ½ cup sugar
- Haupia ingredients:
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- Optional shredded coconut
- Graham crust instructions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Coat bottom of 9x13 pan with a non stick spray. Gently press graham cracker crumbs into baking pan. Using melted butter, drizzle over graham crumbs and bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Cream cheese filling instructions:
Combine cream cheese and sugar and blend with an electric mixer. Then blend in sour cream and fold in cool whip. Spread over cooled crust and refrigerate to set.
- Haupia instructions:
Dissolve cornstarch and water. In a saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar and cornstarch mixture. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens to a custard like texture. Remove from heat and let cool. (Be sure it's completely cooled before layering over cream cheese) Spread haupia filling onto the cream cheese layer.
- Top with shredded coconut, optional
- Let set for approximately 2 hours in refrigerate before serving.