Delicious Guava Cake
We highly recommend using a good frozen guava juice concentrate, you’ll get a better guava flavor. Enjoy!
Guava Cake Recipe
Cuisine: Hawaiian & Local Style
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 can frozen guava juice concentrate
- 1 package strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup diluted guava juice
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Whipped topping:
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Guava Topping:
- 2 cups diluted guava juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- Frozen guava juice: In a medium size bowl, empty frozen guava juice and dilute with ½ container of water. As it thaws, you should have enough for entire recipe.Thaw completely before using.
- Cake: Prepare cake mix as directed on box instructions. Replace water with 1 cup guava juice, add eggs and oil. Use (2) round 8 inch cake pans; bake as directed. Cool.
- Whipped topping: With an electric mixer, whip cream cheese in a small bowl until soft and light. Use a larger bowl and whip cream until soft peaks form but collapse. Next, add cream cheese to whipped cream and continue whipping on high until stiff peaks form. Then beat in sugar and vanilla. Chill until ready to frost cake.
- Guava topping: Dissolve water with cornstarch; set aside. In a small pot, add 2 cups diluted guava juice and bring to a boil. Stirring often. Remove from heat and add corn starch mixture and return to heat and boil for about a minute, stirring continuously until mixture thickens. Let cool and refrigerate.
- Assemble: Be sure all ingredients are cooled completely. Spread a layer of guava topping between two round cakes. Then spread whipping topping on top and sides of combined cakes, then layer guava mixture on top.
- Refrigerate a few hours or longer for cake to set.
It took a bit of tweaking to get a good guava flavor for this recipe. Enjoy!