Chinese Local Style Egg Foo Yung
A mild sweet gravy on top of a local style Egg Foo Yung dish. Add your favorite vegetables and don’t forget the hot mustard. Enjoy!
Egg Foo Yung
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style
- ¼ cup carrots, thinly sliced strips
- ½ cup string beans, thinly sliced strips
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 dried shitake mushrooms, soak in water until soft, squeeze out extra liquid and
slice into thin strips.
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup spam :), sliced into strips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons shoyu
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- Parboil carrots and string beans, drain well.
- Add salt and shoyu to all the vegetables and let marinade a few minutes.
- Next, beat eggs and add to vegetable ingredients.
- Fry in two sections until eggs are done.
- Sauce Instructions
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, shoyu and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Stir in stock and cook over low heat until thickened. Then add oyster sauce.
- Pour over egg foo yung.
For a quick gravy, just mix oyster sauce with a little water and some sugar and pour over egg foo yung.