Easy & “Ono” Chicken Long Rice Recipe
Here’s an easy local style chicken long rice recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Long Rice
- 2½ pounds chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon Hawaiian salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 extra large chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 quart water
- 2 extra large chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounce long rice
- Garnish green onions, chopped
- Place chicken thighs in a large saucepan, then add two quarts water, salt, ginger and three chicken bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer for about one hour or until chicken is tender. Skim any impurities throughout cooking process.
- Remove chicken and shred meat; discard bones. Save broth in pot and add one quart water, 2 chicken bouillon cubes and onions. Bring to boil, then add long rice, lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and continue cooking for 30 more minutes.
- Cut long rice into 3 to 4 inch lengths. Add shredded chicken and stir. Garnish with green onions.