Tasty and Easy Chicken Hekka
This recipe is an easy variation of chicken hekka and tasty as well. If you use can shirakiku sukiyaki no tomo, it comes with sliced bamboo shoots, bean noodle and button mushrooms. You can then add fresh onions, celery, garlic and ginger. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 inch garlic, peeled and sliced
- 6 chicken tenders, sliced diagonally
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- ½ large onion, sliced
- 2 cans Shirakiku Sukiyaki no Tomo, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons aloha shoyu
- 1½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¾ cup water
- Garnish green onions
- On medium heat add oil to pan or wok and add garlic and ginger. Cook slightly or until light brown. Then add sliced chicken, salt and cook until brown. Next add celery and onions and cook a few minutes.
- Drain and rinse 2 cans sukiyaki no tomo and drain again after rinsing. Separate noodles from bamboo shoots and mushrooms; set aside. Add to chicken and vegetables.
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix in bowl then add to pan. Bring to a slight boil then add noodles (cut if desired) and mix together. Simmer if chicken is not cooked through.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with rice or as a side dish.
Here’s another chicken hekka recipe with a few more ingredients and a bit of sake. Enjoy!