Delicious Easy Bread Pudding
This easy bread pudding recipe uses Punalu’u sweet bread with cinnamon, raisins and macnuts. Add a scoop of ice cream to make this dessert simply “ono.” Enjoy!
- 1 loaf sweet bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and sugar.
- Add cream, milk, butter and mix thoroughly, then add vanilla.
- Next, add sweet bread cubes to mixture and toss gently or press down on liquid. You want the bread to absorb the mixture well.
- Pour into pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool and top off with ice cream.
Here’s another version of bread pudding using just regular pieces of bread. Enjoy!