Chinese Style Crispy Oyster Sauce Chicken
Crispy with a light oyster sauce flavor. You can also adjust sauce ingredients to your preference. Enjoy!
Crispy Oyster Chicken
Cuisine: Chinese Local Style
- 2½ pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Garnish: green onions, chopped
- In a saucepan mix together cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar. Slowly stir in chicken stock and cook over medium low heat until sauce slightly thickens. Taste and adjust ingredients to your preference. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces and deep fry. Place fried chicken on paper towel to drain excess oil, then place on serving platter.
- Spoon sauce over fried chicken and top with green onion.